Apr 21, 2010

Ulytau concert in DC

Ulytau gave a concert in Washington DC. These guys travel so much, so it seems easier to attend their concert abroad than in Kazakhstan.

The Lisner Auditorium in Foggy Bottom was 60% full. No fees for entrance. The concert was announced in facebook and those who wanted to attend it just RSVPed the number of people. Of course the majority of attendees were Kazakh people, but there were also some Americans who seemed to like the beats of the percussion as they were moving to the tact.

Live music is amazing! You feel the music inside yourself.Videos with Ulytau performance, dombra play (national music instrument) and songs performed by Ulytau producer will not be able to convey it.



2 comments:

Aliya Tokpayeva said...

I wish I would be here and attend this concert. But I am now in DC and wondering are there any other performances?

BTW I am kazakh and would be more than happy to meet others in DC.

Aliya

Saule Ibrayeva said...

Hi, Aliya, and welcome to DC!
I am not sure whether new concerts are coming soon.
I will be happy to meet you. you can write to my e-mail which is in the About me information.